Job title: Technical Sales Engineer – Projects
Location: Elmstead Market, Essex
Contract Type: Full Time
Flexible working options available
Founded in the UK in 2012, Carbon Numbers is a leader in employing cutting edge technologies with a dedicated fibre network and cloud-based IT system to deliver energy-saving BMS, lighting, energy, and metering services.
As the energy sector expands, so does our business. We are now looking to recruit a Technical Sales Engineer to join our growing team.
As a technical sales engineer, you will use your technical knowledge along with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of products, for which a certain level of expertise is needed.
You will assist colleagues with bids and tenders for new and existing clients.
Be able to develop from a specification and drawings the BMS Points schedule, material and product selection and engineering requirements.
Survey sites to establish requirements and produce quotations.
You will be a key point of contact for clients and provide both pre-and after-sales advice. You will liaise regularly with your line manager and colleagues from a range of departments, including design teams, engineering, workshop, project managers, install team and senior management.
- Identifying and establishing new business
- Liaising with existing and new clients
- Preparing tenders, proposals, and quotations
- Providing pre-sales and post-sales support
- Reviewing costs and supplier prices
- Writing reports and sales literature
- Providing product education and advice
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- Negotiate tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs
- Meet regular sales targets and coordinate sales projects
- Provide technical and product support to the engineers and project managers
- Detailed sales handover to the Project team
- Prepare design and write description of operations for secured projects
- Strong technical skills
- Organisational skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Teamworking skills
- Sales skills
- Commercial awareness
- Product knowledge (Trend, Priva, Cylon & Integration systems)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Mobile phone
- Perkbox discount scheme
Closing date: Monday 20th December 2021
It’s an exciting time to be part of the Carbon Numbers team. If you think you match our criteria, and would like to join us on our journey, we’d love to hear from you.
Email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.