Job title: Project Design Estimator
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: £26,000 to £32,000 plus benefits
Founded in the UK in 2012, Carbon Numbers is a leader in employing cutting edge technologies with a dedicated fibre network and cloud-based IT system to deliver energy-saving BMS, lighting, energy, and metering services.
As the energy sector expands, so does our business. We are now looking to recruit a Project Design Estimator to join our growing team.
Use technical knowledge to provide advice and support on a range of products, for which a certain level of expertise is needed.
Develop from a specification and drawings the BMS Points schedule, material and product selection and engineering requirements.
- Produce accurate estimates of material and labour costs for the BMS element of the project
- Prepare and send out accurate proposals and tender documentation for Building Management systems.
- Vet received quotes for BMS material and labour costs and utilise negotiation skills to achieve ‘best value’.
- Understand estimating processes and use empirical data to work in an organised, accurate and methodical manner.
- Have a good understanding of technical M&E drawings and be able to prepare “take offs” from schematics
- Evaluate technical Building Services requirements, estimating costs, determining prices and margins of all equipment.
- Create estimates/quotations to potential customers – ensuring both the customer and business needs are met and the estimate is in line with requirements.
- Evaluate bid opportunities and liaise with potential M&E clients, working within project deadlines to produce accurate electrical estimates.
- Liaising with the PM, with project requirements and ongoing changes, to meet project demands.
- Complete surveys on both BMS and Lighting opportunities.
- Convert information to detailed design and operational times.
- Produce designs together with Return of Investment calculations and cost estimating sheets.
- Convert technical specifications into costing package and develop cost centres to allocate operational times and expenses.
- Provide support and guidance to project electricians and engineers as and when needed.
- Develop commissioning sheets, reports and methodologies to achieve project completion.
- Maintaining strict compliance to quality work, and safety rules.
- Assist in designing the project once secured
- Experience with CAD would be desirable
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Company car/car allowance
- Mobile phone
- Perkbox discount scheme
Closing date: Monday, 13 May 2022
It’s an exciting time to be part of the Carbon Numbers team. If you think you match our criteria and would like to join us on our journey, we’d love to hear from you.
Carbon Numbers is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.